Wednesday, November 7, 2012

No Shame 6 & 24: Visual Art/Food

VISUAL ART

So, not music? Is that what this means? Did we change arts & crafts to visual arts? I just did fucking TV, movies & theatre, so what? Paint? Photography? Needlepoint? Could I ask any more questions?
I have to be honest, I have far less to say about the broad topic of visual art than I do about food... seriously, I got nothing.
I have a great admiration and appreciation of anyone who contributes anything to the general idea of art, creation, stimulation, what have you, but I'm tired right now, and I just don't have the energy to discover something deep within that truly captures how I feel about the current state of patchwork & food art.
Speaking of, a great deal of my current impatience/irritation is coming from hunger. I'm cooking a pot of bourbon baked beans with brown sugar and a pan of beer brats, because I'm nothing if not a connoisseur of alliterative manly meals & meats.


I've often been a firm believer in the merit of presentation when it comes to food. I used to make my roommate jealous of my broccoli/ramen while he was enjoying $20 worth of takeout, sometimes with the simple act of placing my bowl on a plate. However, it's been a long day, and I have no house guests. Just a man-sized appetite for man things in my man mouth.
Am I going to pretend that I'm a cowboy while I eat these gourmet beans & franks straight out of the pot?
You're god damn right I am.


It's not quite art. It actually looks pretty gross... I'm eating it right now.
Godspeed, visual artists. Keep up the good work. I like to watch.

I know I half-assed this 2-for-1, but so what, this shit is so fucking delicious.
I swear to god, the next one is going to be really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment