Wednesday, November 7, 2012

No Shame 5: Theatre

THEATRE

I suppose by this spelling that we're meant to discuss "The Theatre". Satyr plays, the Globe, Steppenwolf, I don't know. I don't have much to offer on this topic.
I know that the first knock-knock joke comes from Macbeth, and that "playbill" is trademarked. I know that the theatre is of grave importance to many of my friends, and that I will often say that I am going to attend performances with which they are involved, and then do not. Usually my absence is due to a genuine lack of funds, time, transportation or any combination of the three. Other times, I've probably just been drunk. My mind sinks into the blackness of spiritual consumption until the vague reminders of the basic responsibilities of friendship grow dim.
Sometimes, when it comes to my attendance, in many ways, the house is dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment